HIGHLY EFFECTIVE SUMMER TIPS FOR OILY SKIN:
1. People who have oily skin should use lukewarm water to cleanse their skin because it helps to dissolve oil more effectively as compared to cold water. Lukewarm water washes away the dirt that has deposited on the skin and helps to unclog the pores.
2. Another useful tip for people with oily skin is to cleanse your skin two times a day.
3. Exfoliation is good for skin as it helps to remove dead cells from the skin and rejuvenates the skin. Do not scrub your skin too much. Exfoliate your skin using homemade scrubs two to three times a day, and not more than that. This is because our skin naturally produces oils to store moisture and keep it hydrated. Exfoliating your skin too much strips the skin of its natural oils and makes it dry.
4. Choose makeup products wisely in the summer season if you have oily skin. As the summer season starts, use makeup products that do not dissolve into the pores and clogs them.
Also Read: How retinol benefits your skin
5. Using a toner can help you take proper care of your skin in the summer season. Use a toner to wipe the excess oil from your skin. Toner has astringent properties that cool the skin and also helps to shrink open pores which control oil production. This is one of the easiest summer tips for oily skin.
6. Many people are in the habit of touching their face, which makes their skin more oily. Ignore the urge to touch your face with your hands, because doing so will transfer additional oil, germs and dirt to your face, making it prone to outbreaks. Your scale also produces oil, so keep your hair tied in a ponytail to prevent oil from entering your skin. This is one of the essential summer tips for oily skin you must follow.
7. To take proper care of oily skin during summers, you must take care of your diet too. What you eat reflects on your skin. Burger, pizza, and French fries might look tempting, but they can lead to unhealthy skin. Limit your consumption of fried foods and eat a diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
8. One of the easiest summer tips for oily is staying hydrated. That is because being dehydrated is not good for your skin. Drinking 8 – 10 glasses of water every day will keep you away from skin problems. This is one of the best summer tips for oily skin.
9. Use homemade face masks for oily skin. Nothing is better than the goodness of natural facial masks that makes our skin healthy. Plus, homemade masks are devoid of any side effects too. So, follow all these summer tips for oily skin and apply homemade facial masks to get flawless skin.
SUMMER TIPS FOR OILY SKIN: TRY THESE HOMEMADE FACIAL MASKS:
1. Banana, Oats, and Milk Scrub
Take one ripe banana and start mashing it, then add one tablespoon of milk and two tablespoons of oats to it. Mix these ingredients thoroughly and apply the mixture on your skin. Massage your face gently in circular motions for
about 5 to 6 minutes. Rinse it off after 20 minutes.
Follow this natural remedy two times a week for best results. Banana is rich in vitamins A, B, and E that keeps the skin hydrated. Milk acts as a natural moisturiser and keeps the skin soft. Oats is an excellent natural scrub that helps to get rid of dead cells, blackheads, and whiteheads.
2. Banana and Honey Face Pack
Mash a banana and add 1/2 tablespoon of honey to it. Mix well and apply on face. Wash it off after 20 minutes. You can repeat this home remedy two to three times a week for desired results. The benefits of bananas for oily skin have already been discussed above. Mixing banana with honey has great results because of the moisturising properties of honey. Honey keeps the skin smooth and glowing.
3. Gram Flour, Turmeric Powder, and Milk Mask
Take three tablespoons of milk, two tablespoons of gram flour, half teaspoon turmeric powder and mix the ingredients. Apply on your face and rinse it off after 20 minutes. Turmeric has medicinal properties that help to get rid of skin infections. It also soaks the excess oil from the skin. Gram flour, on the other hand, helps to remove dirt from the skin. It also keeps the skin moisturised and keeps the skin soft.
4. Tomato Mask
Mash a tomato and apply on your face. Rinse it off after 15 minutes. You can follow this remedy three times a week. Tomatoes help in reducing the appearance of blemishes and acne scars and also keeps the skin healthy.
5. Papaya and Honey Mask
Mash a piece of papaya and add ½ teaspoon honey in it. Apply the papaya and honey mask on your face and neck. You can also add two to three drops of lemon juice to it. Wash your face after 20 minutes. Papaya generally suits all skin types, but it suits oily skin the most. A papaya face mask helps to remove excess sebum from the surface of the skin. Applying papaya on the face regularly will give you a flawless and youthful skin. Do this regularly as it is one of the best summer tips for oily skin.
Taking care of your skin is easy if you follow the above-mentioned summer tips for oily skin. Eat a healthy diet, stay hydrated, and use homemade facial masks to get flawless skin during summers.